You have thousands of posts at your aged WordPress site, now you would like to randomly display them at your main page.
To shuffle your posts, follow this guide:
1. Login to FTP account of your WordPress website.
2. If you are located in root (public_html), go to
3. Search for
index.php and open it with your text editor.
4. Look for the line that contains:
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
5. Before that line or code, copy the following code:
<?php query_posts($query_string . '&orderby=rand') ?>
6. Save and replace existing index.php with customized one.
You are done, posts at home page should be now displaying randomly.
Each time you refresh the blog.